School Of Design
D Y Patil University’s School of Design is established to work as a specialized school. Studying for a degree in design will teach and train to become an expert in the field. Design is a field of creative thinking which requires deep learning with critical analysis, structured and systematic manner, and ability to visualize to solve real-world problems. Design thinking, innovation, and the use of information technology have become the major requirements of each industry.
Programs are designed and developed by the academia and industry experts considering the need of the industry and profession. Programs have created many opportunities to work in the industry, visual design agencies, advertising, product design, and many more. Programs are an integral part of innovation and entrepreneurship to create future Designnovators and Designopreneures.
As DYPU is considered as one of the leading design colleges in Pune, at the university campus, students have the advantage of working in multidisciplinary areas like engineering, management programs and architecture schools and departments to improve and apply the relevant knowledge and skills.
To be a premier school in the field of design education programmes focused to develop knowledge, use of technology with creativity and innovation to apply as a professional
- Prepares students for various careers design field
- Understand and develop designs with interdisciplinary knowledge in liberal arts, traditions and values
- Provide an inspiring, creative, collaborative, and student-centric learning environment for developing knowledge, skills and abilities for the profession, the environment, and the world at large.
D Y Patil University, Pune is established by Govt. of Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2019 under the Section (3) and recognized by UGC, New Delhi, India
Ranked amongst top 20 Schools of Architecture in the State of Maharashtra in 2020.
University Campus has received “Vanashree Award” as Green Campus by Government of Maharashtra and Ministry of Environment
D Y Patil University is awarded as University for Innovation in Global Collaborative Learning in 2021 at 19th World Education Summit
Our Academic Leaders
Ar. Omkar Samudra
Ar. Omkar Samudra holds a Masters Degree in Planning from Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad, and Bachelors Degree in Architecture from MIT, Aurangabad. He has more than two decades of experience working on National and International Architectural and Urban Planning Projects in the Middle East and South East Asian region. During these years he has worked on world class Urban Planning projects with renowned international organizations. World renowned and Pritzker Award winning Architect, B V Doshi (India), Christopher Charles Benninger Architects (India‐Bhutan), Parsons International (Dubai, UAE), Cansult Maunsell, AECOM (Dubai, UAE), Jurong International (Abu Dhabi, UAE), AEDAS (Singapore) and SSA Architects India are a few of the organizations with whom Ar. Omkar was attached with during his career. He has held Managerial and Directorial positions all throughout his professional career.
Ar. Omkar was involved as a Project Manager in the design and execution of the 7th tallest residential tower in India. He was recognized at various occasions as a successful Urban Planner in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan by the Royal Government of Bhutan for his contribution in playing a pivotal role in planning 6 major towns in the Kingdom.
With his extensive professional experience and passion for academics, Ar. Omkar joined D Y Patil University's School of Architecture and is an incumbent Principal and has taken up this responsibility of mentoring the students of Architecture. He continues to play a pioneering role in the evolution of DYPUSoA and deserves credit for its stellar rise in the architectural fraternity.
HOI AND HODS
Ar. Omkar Samudra -HOI School of Design
Ar Swaminath Swamy-HOD School of Design
Programme:Bachelor of Design (B. Des)
- To develop the knowledge, skills, creativity and innovation for design profession.
- Ensure the collaborative learning through the interaction with qualified and experienced academicians, industry practioners and professionals.
- Competency Development programmes and Youth Leadership Programme are deigned to develop the personality, attitude and values.
- Provide opportunity for Certification* programmes in technical, management skills, upcoming areas.
- Experiential learning by providing winter and summer internship, live projects opportunities to work in visual agencies and design companies.
- Inculcate innovation, leadership, & entrepreneurial thinking.
- Academic delivery with the use of technology, workshops, seminars, visits, study tours, joint studios and webinars.
- Theoretical lectures, interactive session, audio video, digital classrooms & Parallel Studies.
- Group based learning: Group Assignments & Presentations to learn collaborative skills.
- Technical workshops, Industry-Academia Guest lecture
- Webinars for National and Global Exposure
Beyond Classrooms Learning
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship, Field visits
- Practice Lab for design practice, interior design, product design, graphic design, 3D visualizers, Graphic design, advertising, films, web banners and adverts, product configurators, posters (still and moving), historical re-constructions, ebooks and magazines, architecture, video games, augmented reality, virtual reality, marketing and communications, infographics and many more
- Design advisory services such as digital training manuals, pathfinding, interfaces.
- Education, training and research – as teachers or lecturers of design-related topics.
- Choice based Credit Systems: 240 Credits
- Continuous Evaluation and assessment: Internal 60% and External 40% for each subject
- Electives: Design Electives and Professional Electives
- Series of Design Innovation Projects
- Series of Design Research Projects
- Design Industry internships Ÿ Interdisciplinary Collaborative Design Project
Uniqueness of campus
D. Y. Patil University Group is known for its' beautiful buildings, large campuses, world class stadium and sports culture. Ambi campus is spread over more than 40 acres of land, fresh air and climate, lust green and amidst of nature near the valley. Campus has modern structure, academic spaces include library, studio, labs, workshops, and amphitheatres. Other amenities include canteen, guesthouse, student accommodation for girls and boys and Wi-Fi campus.
Students at campus can pursue their passions through clubs like Photography club, the dancing club, the film club, the singing club, the theatre/ club, storytelling club, book reading club and sports club are engaged to organize various competitions and events...
University has elected student council which contributes in the academic and disciplinary proceedings. Committees are Student Welfare Committee, Sports Committee, Cultural Committee and Youth Leadership Development Committee. .
The campus is amidst nature with flora and fauna gives the campus a uniqueness and located near the valley. Infrastructure is a modern design which resulting into a scenic and beautiful campus with quietness.
University has best accommodation facilities for boys and girls students.
Library is equiped with books, journals, E Resources & Data bases.DYPU quarterly publish journal IJSTEAM With ISSN No.2582-8509
1.The Candidate should be an Indian National
2.Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with English as compulsory subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together
Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
3)The Candidate with remarkable achievements in Co-Curricular & ExtraCurricular Activities and qualified in written test conducted at DYPU.
4.The Candidate should have qualified in UCEED/NID 2022 or equivalent.
1.SSC, HSC examination marks
2.Score of UCEED / NID2022.
3.Assessment of portfolio for remarkable achievement in Co-curricular and ExtraCurricular Activities , Written examination & Personal Interview
Undergraduate Programs Offered (B.Des)-Seats And Fees