DURATION: 4 YEARS
DY Patil University's School of Design (DYPUSOD) is one of a kind specialized school in Product Design and Graphic Design. We believe that Design is creative thinking made structured, systemic, and visual, to solve real-world problems. In today's dynamically changing and demanding job market, Design is a quintessential skill for any profession or business to keep itself resilient and relevant. Hence, the Design Thinking paradigm is emerging as a sine qua non for all the industries to be competitive through innovation and integration with ICT. Being one of the top B. Des colleges in Pune, we have converted this challenge into an opportunity. Through comprehensive market requirements analysis and interaction with professionals working on the industry frontiers, we've crafted our Design to train future Design Entrepreneurs .i.e. Designpreneur.
Being allied to DYPU, School of Architecture, Engineering, and Management along with their respective industry collaborations, we have created successful horizontal and vertical synergies to optimize the multidisciplinary learning possibilities and employment opportunities. This approach of DYPU- the best institute to pursue a bachelor of design in Pune has given us a competitive edge over other design programmes offered throughout the region. While our Programme has a rigorous academic orientation, it efficiently accommodates curricular and extracurricular activities throughout the year without compromising pupil's academic performance and contributes to their holistic personality development
DYPUSOD's courses have been developed for students, professionals, and entrepreneurs who seek to acquire fundamental knowledge along with industry-aligned technical and management skills in Product and Graphic Design, taking into consideration the state of the art technologies and frontier innovations in the field. This has been augmented through the availability of a salubrious campus environment, state of the art infrastructure, and highly qualified and experienced team of academicians and allied industry professionals. The students of DY Patil Bachelor of Design Institute in Pune will have the opportunity to work in visual agencies (advertising, design) or companies of product design, graphic Design, communication design, and interactive Design, among others.
Choice based Credit Systems: 240 Credits
- Continuous Evaluation and assessment: Internal 60% and External 40% for each subject
- Electives: Design Electives and Professional Electives
- Series of Design Innovation Projects
- Series of Design Research Projects
- Design Industry internships
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Design Project
- To develop the knowledge, skills, creativity and innovation for design profession.
- Ensure the collaborative learning through the interaction with qualified and experienced academicians, industry practitioners and professionals.
- Competency Development programmes and Youth Leadership Programme are deigned to develop the personality, attitude and values.
- Provide opportunity for Certification* programmes in technical, management skills, upcoming areas.
- Experiential learning by providing winter and summer internship, live projects opportunities to work in visual agencies and design companies.
- Inculcate innovation, leadership, & entrepreneurial thinking.
- Academic delivery with the use of technology, workshops, seminars, visits, study tours, joint studios and webinars.
- Classroom Learning: Theoretical lectures, interactive session, audio / video, digital classrooms & Parallel Studies
- Group based learning: Group Assignments & Presentations to learn collaborative skills
- Technical workshops, Industry-Academia Guest lecture
- Webinars for National and Global Exposure
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship, Field visits
- Practice Lab for design practice, interior design, product design, graphic design, 3D visualizers, Graphic design, advertising, films, web banners and adverts, product configurators, posters (still and moving), historical re-constructions, e-books and magazines, architecture, video games, augmented reality, virtual reality, marketing and communications, infographics and many more
- Design advisory services such as digital training manuals, pathfinding, interfaces
- Education, training and research – as teachers or lecturers of design-related topics.
Programme Specialization/ Tracks Offered:
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
DYPUSoD's pedagogy is Start with the basics. In order to teach students how to design effectively, it is important to first teach them the basics of design theory and principles. This can include teaching students about the different elements and principles of design, as well as how to use them effectively to create visually appealing and effective designs.
One of the most important aspects of design understands how people interact with products. The goal is to create DESIGN that are both visually appealing and easy to use. This involves understanding the principles of human-centered design, which focuses on the needs of the user.
As part of the curriculum, students undertake a 6 month internship after Semester VI exams and are required to work on a research topic for their dissertation as well as produce an Environmental Design solution for the identified issue, as part of their major design studio in the final semester
There are a wide range of career opportunities available to designers. Some of the most common careers paths include working as a graphic designer, web designer, interior designer, or product designer. There are also many opportunities to work in advertising, marketing, and publishing.
KONBAC- (Konkan Bamboo & Cane Development Centre)
Indian Institute of Architects (IIA), Talegaon Sub-Centre
- COMPUTER LAB
The LAB is equipped with latest configuration machines with all the latest software required for architectural education and architectural practice. Ex. Auto Desk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Coral Graphic Suite, Sketch-up Pro, V-Ray for Sketch Up, V-Ray for Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Suite, Integrated Environmental Solutions etc.
- MATERIAL LAB
Material Museum is created for studying latest construction materials, technology and specifications, samples, prototypes, miniature and models. Material Lab consists of Samples of Plumbing Equipment, Samples of Carpentry Equipment, Samples of Electrical Equipment, Construction Tools, Joinery Details, Miniature Models of Joinery for different materials etc.
- Virtual Reality LAB
Students are provided with an access to and training in the latest technology and Virtual Reality gadgets.
- 3D Printing LAB
3D Printers are made available to the students for giving them an exposure to the latest technology in the market. This helps them visualize and produce their design more efficiently and realistically.
National Association for Schools of Art & Design (NASAD)
Students actively participate in the campus level annual cultural activities, Antarang and sports activities Vijay and Rajveer Trophies.
Students also participate in other National and International Design Competitions and have received several awards.
As a part of Social Responsibility, students have participated in social development programs through competitions and NSS Activity.
Events & News
Academic Year 2022-23
- Participated in Bamboo Structure Design Competition at state level and won the 1st and 2nd Prize.
- Organized 3 days closed Workshop on ferrocrete. The key expert involved was Mr. Arjun Doshi.
- Selected amongst the top 10 entries Motor Sport Racing Track Design Competition organized by Indian Institute of Architects (IIA)
- Won several awards for Sports Competition organized and SPPU level.
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 240
Intake : 60 Students
- Product Design : 20
- Graphic Design : 20
- Interior Design : 20
1. The Candidate should be an Indian National.
2. Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with English as compulsory subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only),
3. The Candidate with remarkable achievements in Co-Curricular & Extra-Curricular Activities and qualified in written test conducted at DYPU
The Candidate should have qualified in UCEED/NID 2020
Applicant has to appear and clear the DYPU Test that includes
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
Note: Candidates who have secured ranks in UCEED (for B.Des. Programme) can directly attend the portfolio and personal interview conducted by the D - School. If not, they have to undertake the DYPU Written Test conducted by the D - School to get qualified for the design Programmes.
Four Years at Campus:
- First and Second Year: Familiarizing with design thinking and acquiring skill sets for design and product
- Third Year: Focus on Application and Practice through projects
- Fourth Year: Industry internship and Project
Scope Of B.Design Studies
B. Des or Bachelor of Design is a professional full-time undergraduate course of four years. This course offers several specializations like Product Design, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design and a lot more other options. To pursue this degree from any reputed B. Des Colleges in Pune like DYPU, it is essential to have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification.
There is a vast scope of B Design studies in today's world because everything we see has an aesthetic value which is obtained through Design. So, this is an ever-growing field that is expected to grow in the coming years. Candidates who have acquired a bachelor degree in Design will find numerous job opportunities both in India and abroad in some of the dominating public and private enterprises. The average salary of the graduates are entirely satisfactory, and that may keep progressing depending on their skill and experience.
B. Design Career & Job Opportunities
Design is an expanding sphere within this fast-moving world which resulted in a highly evolved domain that constantly required skilled and creative people. This gave rise to a vast scope in the careers in Design as this domain consists of multiple subfields. In each of these domains, there is a continuous demand for people who have technical knowledge but also artistic. However, one of the best aspects of Design related courses is to exhibit the versatility and creativity to the specific field of employment. Design is all about translating your imagination to reality. But once you choose to undergo a Bachelor in Design from the leading B. Des Colleges in Pune like DYPU, it is essential to choose one career option among many. Following mentioned are some of the career options that DYPU presents as they offer a vast employment scope in the industry today.
Graphic Designer- Graduates may wish to pursue a Graphic Designing course from DYPU the leading B.Des Colleges in Pune. Graphic designing is used as a communication scheme where visual communicators create a visual concept. They mostly develop the overall layout and produce designs for websites, magazines or a brand to communicate ideas for informing the consumers through images, words and graphics. There is enormous scope for Graphic designing as most of the organizations now prefer getting recognized in their sector. Graphic designers are mostly responsible for creating posters, wrappers, packaging, logos and other marketing materials.
Interior Designer- If you want to undergo an interior degree course from any reputed bachelor of design colleges in Pune like DYPU, then you will be responsible for enhancing indoor spaces of a building. Interior designing is all about blending art with science to accomplish a better and healthier environment. This includes planning and implanting an overall improvement about walls, floors, furnishings, lighting, colour schemes and a lot more. Being an interior designer can be quite challenging yet very satisfying and rewarding.
Product Designer- Aspirants with a desire to accomplish to be a product designer from the topmost bachelor of design colleges in Pune like DYPU can also find this domain quite gratifying. Some of the most significant responsibilities of a product designer include creating a user experience of a product or system designing of a product. This industry has evolved and given rise to a vast field of application that provides for medical devices, jeweller, furniture, sports and even luxury products.
Design Manager-The responsibilities of a design manager includes managing graphic teams and other related departments. It is incredibly essential to be innovative, artistic and creative to be eligible for this domain. Managers are often responsible for collaborating on several projects with their team, performs a quality check, helps in developing design strategies, managing projects, meeting clients, attending meetings and a lot more. If you want to accomplish a Design Manager course from a leading bachelor of design colleges in Pune, then DYPU can be the best choice.
Why Choose DY Patil University To Study D. Design Course in Pune, Ambi?
DY Patil University offers a four-year-long undergraduate program in B Designing course that is divided into eight semesters. It is an AICTE approved multidisciplinary program. We have devised the design program aiming the development of the core understanding of Design through analytical thinking abilities, self-directed studies and interdisciplinary strategy. DYPU being one of the topmost bachelor of design institutes in Pune, is a place where creativity and innovation persist side by side.
The faculty team of Design came into existence to meet the ever-increasing demands for learning and executing Design. The faculties do not only have several years of experience in this domain but are also dedicated professionals in the designing field. DY Patil University is committed to maintaining the best academic standards and improving the quality of learning and teaching. We understand that the learning environment impacts creativity, so our University owns a large campus that is facilitated with all the latest amenities. The world-class infrastructure, latest facilities and top faculties makes the total learning experience unique. To secure this high-quality learning process, we have established a multi-functional framework for managing academic excellence based on specific strategies. If pursuing Bachelor of Design in Pune is a dream come true to you, the experienced faculty at DY Patil will help you fulfil that dream!
Why is DY Patil University Considered AsThe Best University in Pune, Ambi?
The entire designing process involves something more than just being creative so that the graduates can be the one dominating this sector. The B Des program that we provide is a classic blend of art and technology that evokes the artistic mind of the students. As the role of a designer is varied, it covers designing communications to businesses to accomplish a visually appealing outcome. We aim to incorporate a value-based education system along with the best academic excellence under various technical as well as cultural initiatives.
I had always dreamt of pursuing a Bachelor of Design in Pune from DY Patil. After my graduation, I bagged the best job. My interest is so piqued that I plan to pursue a masters degree. I have already applied to DY Patil and am awaiting the start of the term. Yet again, a dream came true!
My parents forced me to study for a Bachelor of Design in Pune. I wasn't interested, not even a bit. I wanted to start a business. But my father told me that a bachelor’s degree would help me. I am in my final year now and I have a job offer that pays well! Thanks to my parents for pushing me, and to the faculty at DY Patil for believing in me.