Q.1 What is MCA?
MCA stands for Masters in Computer Applications. As the name implies, it will assist you in becoming proficient in computer programming, applications, and language. A degree will help you to carve your place among IT professionals.
Q.2 What is the Future Scope of MCA in India?
The IT sector has a lot of competition because it has a lot of scopes. An MCA graduate can work in any field, whether IT or medical sciences. If MCA graduates have good skills, experience, and knowledge, they have several job opportunities. In India, the requirements of an MCA professor are in the e-commerce sector, security companies, government sector, top software companies, hardware companies, and web development.
Q.3 Is MCA A Good Career Option?
MCA provides various opportunities to an individual in India and foreign countries.
After MCA, one can pursue any certificate or diploma courses to enhance their skills further and secure a good position in this competitive world. Completing your MCA, explore your interests and dreams, and then choose a company you want to work for. Nothing can stop you from advancing your career after MCA if you are skilled and knowledgeable.
Q.4 Why MCA?
Q.5 Who can take admission?
- Make A Career In The Evolving IT Industry
- Learn Updated Syllabus, In-depth subject knowledge
- Acquire The Skills To Become An IT Expert
- Explore Varied Job Profiles
- Earn A Good Compensation
- Never Go Out Of Demand
- Get Placed At Leading Organizations
- Pursue Industry-Oriented Specializations
- Scope outside India
Q.6 What is the complete procedure for selection to these courses?
- The Candidate should be an Indian National
- Graduate BCA / B.Sc. / B.Com / B. A. with Mathematics as one of the subjects (at 10+2 level or at Graduation level or a Graduation level examination) and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% in case of candidate of backward class categories and person with Disability belonging in Maharashtra State only.)
- Obtained non Zero positive score in MAH-CET for PIO/ OCI/NRI Point 2 and Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
Student must qualify for Group Discussion (GD )and Personal Interview (PI) conducted by DYPU.
Q.7 Is the knowledge of computers essential before joining the course?
Computer languages, knowledge of hardware etc., are often asked in the entrance examinations. But, you do not need to have high level technical knowledge of computer science to clear an MCA Entrance Examination.
Q.8 Do I need to be exceptionally brilliant to clear these tests?
A reasonably hard working student with above average common sense and trained as per the best professional norms should face no particular problem with this test.
Q.9 What kind of job security does an MCA degree give?
Since the MCA is a Masters degree, which has a very broad theoretical base in Computer Science; it gives you tremendous flexibility and adaptability to work with different Computer Technologies. This is the Reason why an MCA from good Institutes will always find a job even in the worst of times. If you have an MCA you are highly Employable within the IT industry.
Q.10 Can an average student is able to get good job after MCA?
If you make it to Top MCA Institutes your past Educational Performance takes a back seat. The very fact that you have taken an MCA from a Top Institute will help you get a good job from Campus. Therefore while maintaining an average academic record you should also put your best effort to get into a Top MCA Institute.
Q.11 What is the scope for jobs in Networking and Hardware engineering after an MCA?
Networking is one of the areas showing the fastest growth within IT, however please also note that an MCA would not deal with hardware engineering.