Programme - Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
DURATION: 2 YEARS
Master of Computer Application is a professional degree in computer science. It focuses on providing a theoretical as well as practical training to the students Information Technology.
The core goal of the MCA programme is to train post graduate students as techno-managers and make careers in the software industry. Top MCA colleges in Pune like D Y Patil University’s School of Management, Pune provide an outstanding environment for learning, developing programming skills and research in the core and emerging areas of computer technology. Emphasis is given on theoretical and application-oriented subjects/courses relevant to the computer software development.
The programme for MCA course in Pune is designed and developed by IT practitioners which includes the application of software technology for programme designing, hardware and software management, communication networking, database management. The emerging technology IOT, Artificial Intelligence, Design Thinking, Block Chain, Machine Learning and Augmented Reality are included in the programme structure of the MCA.
Techno-managers are created through the special designed courses focused in the management functional area.
- It provides skills on upcoming technologies and foundation for acquiring a wide range of rewarding careers into the rapidly expanding world of information Technology.
- To achieve peer-recognition, as an individual or in a team, by adopting ethics and professionalism and communicating effectively to excel well in cross culture and inter-disciplinary teams.
- To impart the fundamentals in programming paradigm and essentials techniques involved in application building and maintenance.
- To equip the students with the latest bespoke software and technologies adopted in application design, development and testing.
- Classroom Learning
- Project based and Independent Study Courses
- Learning through LAB Sessions on the various platforms
- Language and Personality Development Modules
- Live Projects from industry
- Winter, Summer and Pre-Placement Project
- Group assignments, presentations, business plan
- Experiential learning through guest lecture, seminars and conferences
- Project based learning under the industry mentors
- Professional Technical Leadership Series
- Global Classroom through ICT
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship
- Interaction with industry practitioners
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 110
Intake: 120 Students
Below are the eligibility required to take admission in DY Patil Pune university MCA
- The Candidate should be an Indian National
- Passed BCA / B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics as one of the subjects ( at 10+2 level or at Graduation level examination ) and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only
- Obtained non zero positive score in MAH-CET 2020
Student must qualify for Group Discussion (GD )and Personal Interview (PI) conducted by DYPU.
MCA Career & Job Opportunities
A degree that promises not just excellent education, but also a career path with tremendous opportunities for learning and growth, is any student’s preferred choice. An MCA offers all this and much more in terms of working with some of the best professionals in the field. This is why Pune University MCA admission has seen a steep rise in recent years.
So, what are the career options available to a student, once they complete their MCA? Below is a list of some of the exciting career opportunities that will make sure you stop worrying about the Pune University MCA fees and focus on the top MCA colleges in Pune like DY Patil Institute of Master of Computer Applications and Management.
1. Software Developer –
The first choice of any student opting for MCA in Pune is to get admission in DY Patil MCS College, Pune. Selecting MCA gives an opportunity to become a software developer. The unlimited opportunities for developing software solutions for day to day as well as completely new problems leveraging their knowledge of the technology is what makes this job so interesting. Another factor is the superb pay packages received even by students fresh out of college.
2. System Analyst –
While a software developer creates a system, it is the System Analyst’s responsibility to analyze the requirements, suggest an approach as well as any improvements in the already existing software to ensure client satisfaction. This is very similar to a managerial role and hence even the payment is great for those becoming System Analysts.
3. Hardware Engineer –
A critical component of any IT system is the physical and virtual hardware required for its operation. Any software being developed requires hardware to store and run it. Thus, the position of Hardware Engineer is always in demand, since it forms the backbone of the IT Industry. From designing server farms to implementing and maintaining them and ensuring the required uptime, the job of a Hardware Engineer is in equal parts challenging and rewarding.
4. Data Scientist –
If you are even remotely interested in technology, you are sure to know that this is the latest and most happening job in the IT market. Even though not a new job, this position is enjoying a wave of high demand, thanks to the advancement in technology generating lots of data and making it easily available. This is why all the best MCA colleges in Pune like DY Patil Institute of Masters in Computer Application and Management, now offer a specialization in Data Science for those interested.
5. Troubleshooter –
The go-to person in any IT firm whenever anyone faces an issue, the job of a Troubleshooter is one of great responsibility. You can further choose your area of interest – software, hardware or networking. Whichever option you decide, one thing is for sure, your role is the one expected to keep all the action going in any IT organization. This is why this role presents very good job opportunities.
6. Software Consultant –
These are the experts providing consultation and guidance for any organization looking to set up or optimize their IT department. These individuals are specialists in all aspects of software designing, development processes and implementation as well as deployment of the same. They are the experts, others look up to for their software related requirements.
A major factor, apart from the obvious locational advantage, is the affordable MCA fees in DY Patil MCA College in Pune in the presence of experienced and qualified faculty. Working with a mix of theoretical classes and practical laboratory experience, our faculty ensures the optimum balance to ensure proper learning for every student.
Combined with their years of experience in the field and the rich consultation background, their method of teaching makes sure that every student is given the required amount of focus to enhance their learning. Blending the traditional learning with industrial exposure, the faculty ensures that the students are aware of any practical challenges they may face in their jobs.
DY Patil University is Considered as the Best University?
- Scenic campus with convenient accessibility
- State of the art infrastructure including well-equipped laboratories and audio-visual rooms
- Carefully designed curriculum including Software and Hardware subjects
- Personality Development programmes with stress on soft skills like presentation and written communication
Not just these, the institute also holds several lecture series, technical festivals and seminars to help the students learn and interact with their peers as well as industry experts.
Co-Curricular Activities:Current Academic Year
ExtraCurricular Activities:Current Academic Year
|MCA Academic Calendar 2020-21|
|COMMENCEMENT & END OF TERM||FIRST TERM||SECOND TERM|
|Commencement of Teaching||25/06/2020||05/01/2021|
|Class Test-1||17/08/2020 to 02/08/2020||01/02/2021 to 06/02/2021|
|Class Test-2||21/09/2020 to 06/09/2020||08/03/2021 to 13/03/2021|
|Mid Semester Examination||19/10/2020 to 04/10/2020||25/03/2021 to 31/03/2021|
|Conclusion of Term||13/12/2020||30/05/2021|
|University Practical /Oral Examination.||04/11/2020 to 06/11/2020||23/04/2021 to 25/04/2021|
|End Semester Examination||23/11/2020 to 05/12/2020||03/05/2021 to 22/05/2021|
|Winter Vacation - 14/12/2020 to 05/01/2021|
|Summer Vacation - 31/05/2021 to 05/07/20121|
*The school/college has all the rights to revise the academic calendar at any time
- The “Master of Computer Application“ is 2-year program with specified choice-based credit system which builds foundation for the entire programme.
- Programme provides complete exposure of prerequisites which are necessary for advance learning.
- Four months industry internship program at the end of second year will be based on technical development as per current demand of IT industry.
- Course is designed which would help students to develop basic and advanced skills in areas of their interest thereby increasing their level of expertise. Last semester will be exposed to student’s internship/exchange programs based on the chosen technology & trends, which is a Pre Placement exposure with the industry to work on live projects.
- DYPUSOM works on a semester pattern, in which practical, hands on experience blending of emerging trends in IT technologies
- This will also help the students to learn managerial and leadership skills, problem solving skills, team spirit and professional ethics.
- On successful completion of two years, students are awarded Master of Computer Application degree by D Y Patil University, Pune.
Board of Studies:
Dr. K. Nirmala Kumaraswamy
D. Y. Patil Institute of Master of Computer Applications and Management, Akurdi, Pune
Due to the immense efforts put forth by the faculty and placement cell at DY Patil College, I was able to bag a job during the final semester. I had always desired to pursue MCA in Pune DY Patil University, and I was pleased when I joined as a student there. In addition to the platform of practical learning that was adopted there, the faculty also provided the assistance I needed for my overall development.
I was in my final semester when the country fell into the trap of the novel coronavirus. It was a huge risk wandering out of the four walls. As much as I was worried about my education and what followed, I was pleased that my college ensured that every student was given all the aid needed to complete graduation. If I were to make a list of MCA colleges in Pune that are considered the best, I would place DY Patil on the top of the list.
MCA fees in Pune have always had a huge impact on the finances of middle class people. But the pocket friendly fee structure offered by DY Patil is the reason I was able to complete my master’s degree and land a good job. The DY Patil Pune MCA fees structure is the reason I managed to finish my masters. I will always be indebted to the University for helping me find a path in life.
I started my search for a college by making a list of MCA colleges in Pune that was not only affordable, but also was considered the best college to study MCA in Pune. The affordable fee structure accompanied by top-class faculty and excellent infrastructure is the reasons why DY Patil is sought-after by many students like me. Thanks to the faculty who are always there to support and guide you, I was able to groom myself to be placed in one of the top IT companies in India.
Pune university MCA fees has always been the topic of debate. I was anxious to apply to the college thinking I would not be able to afford the fees. To my surprise, I found that the DY Patil Pune MCA fees structure is easily affordable. The college does not compromise on anything and expects excellence from everyone who is a part of it. The encouragement that I received from my mentors not only helped me learn, but also helped me to build a successful career.
I joined DY Patil Pune MCA after completing my BCA and working for a year. I wanted to pursue master’s degree to get better job opportunities. Fortunately, it worked out well and I was recruited into a MNC during my final year. Thanks to the placement cell at DY Patil.
When I told my family that I was joining DY Patil Pune for MCA, they were very happy for me. I had lost a year of my education after an accident and getting back on track was a little difficult. Thanks to the college which accommodated my wheelchair problem for a year. I am in the second year now and indebted to DY Patil MCA Pune that helped me save another year of my life.
The only reason I got into DY Patil MCA Pune because I had heard great things about the placement cell. It was only after I studied there did I realize that the placement cell is successful because the professors ensure that every student excels in their pursued field. Thanks to DY Patil MCA Pune professors, the college is one of the best colleges to pursue MCA.