DURATION: 2 YEARS
Master of Computer Application is professional degree in computer science. It focuses on providing a theoretical as well as practical training to the students Information Technology.
The core goal of MCA programme is to post graduate students as techno-managers and take careers in software industry. It provides an outstanding environment for learning, developing programming and research in the core and emerging areas of computer technology. Emphasis is given on theoretical and application-oriented subjects/courses relevant to the computer software development.
The programme is designed and developed by IT practitioners which includes the application of software technology for programme designing, hardware and software management, communication networking, database management. The emerging technology IOT, Artificial Intelligence, Design Thinking, Block Chain, Machine Learning and Augmented Reality are included in the programme structure of the MCA.
Techno-managers are created through the special designed courses focused in management functional area.
- It provides skills on upcoming technologies and foundation for acquiring a wide range of rewarding careers into the rapidly expanding world of information Technology.
- To achieve peer-recognition, as an individual or in a team, by adopting ethics and professionalism and communicate effectively to excel well in cross culture and inter-disciplinary teams.
- To impart the fundamentals in programming paradigm and essentials techniques involved in application building and maintenance.
- To equip the students with the latest bespoke software and technologies adopted in application design, development and testing.
- Classroom Learning
- Project based and Independent Study Courses
- Learning through LAB Sessions on the various platforms
- Language and Personality Development Modules
- Live Projects from industry
- Winter, Summer and Pre-Placement Project
- Group assignments, presentations, business plan
- Experiential learning through guest lecture, seminars and conferences
- Project based learning under the industry mentors
- Professional Technical Leadership Series
- Global Classroom through ICT
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship
- Interaction with industry practitioners
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 110
Intake: 120 Students
- The Candidate should be an Indian National
- Passed BCA / B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics as one of the subjects ( at 10+2 level or at Graduation level examination ) and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only
- Obtained non zero positive score in MAH-CET 2020
Student must qualify for Group Discussion (GD )and Personal Interview (PI) conducted by DYPU.
Scope Of MCA Career in Coming Years
The tremendous success of the Indian IT industry is no secret. To take this legacy forward and ensure continuing success, there is a huge demand for well-qualified professionals who understand the nitty-gritties of the domain. This is where the Masters in Computer Application (MCA) plays a crucial role.
A professional course that trains some of the best talent available in the country for the jobs created by this IT revolution, MCA is an in-demand course year after year. With the top MCA colleges in Pune producing highly trained technology professionals, the industry is looking forward to hiring more such individuals every year.
With a great job and salary prospect, it is no wonder that MCA is a course of choice for many students. It is common to see students poring over the list of MCA colleges in Pune to get admissions in a college of their choice. The best MCA colleges in Pune like Dr. DY Patil MCA Institute in Pune, Ambi reports a tremendous growth in the number of applications over the years, thanks to the job opportunities awaiting the students on course completion.
MCA Career & Job Opportunities
A degree that promises not just excellent education, but also a career path with tremendous opportunities for learning and growth, is any student’s preferred choice. An MCA offers all this and much more in terms of working with some of the best professionals in the field. This is why Pune University MCA admission has seen a steep rise in recent years.
So, what are the career options available to a student, once they complete their MCA? Below is a list of some of the exciting career opportunities that will make sure you stop worrying about the Pune University MCA fees and focus on the top MCA colleges in Pune like Dr. DY Patil Institute of Master of Computer Applications and Management.
1. Software Developer –
The first choice of any student opting for MCA in Pune is to get admission in Dr. DY Patil University. Selecting MCA gives an opportunity to become a software developer. The unlimited opportunities for developing software solutions for day to day as well as completely new problems leveraging their knowledge of the technology is what makes this job so interesting. Another factor is the superb pay packages received even by students fresh out of college.
2. System Analyst –
While a software developer creates a system, it is the System Analyst’s responsibility to analyze the requirements, suggest an approach as well as any improvements in the already existing software to ensure client satisfaction. This is very similar to a managerial role and hence even the payment is great for those becoming System Analysts.
3. Hardware Engineer –
A critical component of any IT system is the physical and virtual hardware required for its operation. Any software being developed requires hardware to store and run it. Thus, the position of Hardware Engineer is always in demand, since it forms the backbone of the IT Industry. From designing server farms to implementing and maintaining them and ensuring the required uptime, the job of a Hardware Engineer is in equal parts challenging and rewarding.
4. Data Scientist –
If you are even remotely interested in technology, you are sure to know that this is the latest and most happening job in the IT market. Even though not a new job, this position is enjoying a wave of high demand, thanks to the advancement in technology generating lots of data and making it easily available. This is why all the best MCA colleges in Pune like Dr. DY Patil Institute of Masters in Computer Application and Management, now offer a specialization in Data Science for those interested.
5. Troubleshooter –
The go-to person in any IT firm whenever anyone faces an issue, the job of a Troubleshooter is one of great responsibility. You can further choose your area of interest – software, hardware or networking. Whichever option you decide, one thing is for sure, your role is the one expected to keep all the action going in any IT organization. This is why this role presents very good job opportunities.
6. Software Consultant –
These are the experts providing consultation and guidance for any organization looking to set up or optimize their IT department. These individuals are specialists in all aspects of software designing, development processes and implementation as well as deployment of the same. They are the experts, others look up to for their software related requirements. All MCA colleges in Pune ensure that you are ready for this role with a little job experience, once you complete the course.
Why Choose Dr. DY Patil University To Study MCA Course in Pune, Ambi?
In recent years, a number of students choose the top colleges like Dr. DY Patil Institute of Master of Computer Applications and Management. The 3-year course that teaches students the concepts of many critical courses like programming, network and database design, computational theory, algorithm design and optimization and mobile technologies among others is a popular one for a variety of reasons.
Dr. DY Patil being the best MCA colleges in Pune pride themselves in the fact that apart from giving their students a strong theoretical foundation, they are also able to provide them with sufficient hands-on knowledge, thanks to the proximity to the IT hub. This also means a lot of exposure to students in real-time challenges and means to overcome them.
A major factor, apart from the obvious locational advantage, determining the MCA fees in Pune at Dr. DY Patil University is the presence of experienced and qualified faculty. Working with a mix of theoretical classes and practical laboratory experience, our faculty ensures the optimum balance to ensure proper learning for every student.
Combined with their years of experience in the field and the rich consultation background, their method of teaching makes sure that every student is given the required amount of focus to enhance their learning. Blending the traditional learning with industrial exposure, the faculty ensures that the students are aware of any practical challenges they may face in their jobs.
Why is Dr. DY Patil University is Considered as the Best University in Pune?
Why should you choose Dr. DY Patil University? Apart from the fact that it is a permanent feature in the top 10 MCA colleges in Pune, below is an indicative list of reasons, you may like to consider before arriving at a conclusion
- Scenic campus with convenient accessibility
- State of the art infrastructure including well-equipped laboratories and audio-visual rooms
- Carefully designed curriculum including Software and Hardware subjects
- Personality Development programmes with stress on soft skills like presentation and written communication
Not just these, the institute also holds several lecture series, technical festivals and seminars to help the students learn and interact with their peers as well as industry experts.