DURATION: 4 YEARS
best mechanical engineering colleges in pune
Mechanical Engineering program prepares students in all its fundamental aspects, with an appropriate mix of theory and laboratory courses, and electives. Addition to this the design of the program ensures adequate preparation for taking up higher-level academic programs at the master’s and doctorate levels. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at DYPU, Pune is committed to groom future engineers on all fronts of mechanical engineering with the academic & industrial expertise. The department has laboratories well equipped with state of art academic and research instruments.
At DYPU, the students of the mechanical engineering college, Pune are exposed to the issues faced by industries and today’s societies and are trained to address these problems through innovative thinking to develop appropriate technological solutions. The faculty members of the department drive these activities through their teaching and diverse research programs, covering numerous facets of Mechanical Engineering Science and Applications.
With a strong rapport & connect the students take benefit in shaping themselves on technical domains with industrial training, internships & projects. In view of the recent industrial demands DYPU is offering Robotics, CAD-CAM, and Thermal Engineering as specializations along with Generic Mechanical Engineering.
With a strong rapport & connection the students take benefit in shaping themselves on technical domains with industrial training, internships & projects. In view of the recent industrial demands, DYPU is offering Robotics, CAD-CAM, and Thermal Engineering as specializations along with Generic Mechanical Engineering. All these advanced technologies are provided to our students, along with the quality education they receive throughout their course. Due to its excellent education system, DYPU is well-recognized as one of the top 10 mechanical engineering colleges in Pune.
The programme is approved by AICTE and affiliated to D. Y. Patil University, Pune.
- The primary objective of the program is to train students for various industry opportunities that require background in basic Mechanical Engineering.
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners who would assist and solve contemporary and advanced technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals and entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will successfully pursue higher studies in engineering and/or management.
- Basic Science Courses
- Engineering Science Courses including workshop, drawing, basics of each branch is covered for making the strong foundation of engineering.
- Professional Core Courses.
- Professional Elective courses relevant to chosen specialization/branch.
- Open subjects – Electives from other technical and /or emerging subjects*.
- Project work, seminar and internship in industry or professional organization
- Environmental Sciences, Induction training, Indian Constitution, Essence of Indian Traditional Knowledge.
Programme Specializations/Track Offered :
- Mechanical Engineering (Generic)
- Robotics Engineering
- CAD CAM
- Thermal Engineering
- Classroom Learning: Theoretical lectures, interactive session, audio / video, digital classrooms.
- Continuous Evaluation and assessment: Internal 60% and External 40% for each subject
- Group based learning: Group Assignments & Presentations to learn collaborative skills
- Technical workshops
- Industry-Academia Guest lecture, Seminars & Conferences
- Webinars for National and Global Exposure
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship
- Field visits
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a massive open online course (MOOCs*), Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc
Total Credits: 165
- Mechanical Engineering (Generic) : 90
- Robotics Engineering : 90
- CAD CAM : 90
- Thermal Engineering: 90
Maharashtra State Candidate:
To apply in DYPU, the best mechanical engineering colleges in Pune, the prospective student has to meet the below set parameters:
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and The Candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT-CET 2020 and should obtain non zero score in MHT-CET2020.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
All India Candidates:
To seek admission in Dr DY Patil University, one of the top mechanical engineering colleges in Pune, the below parameters should be met:
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and should obtain non zero positive score in JEE Main Paper I or the candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT-CET 2020 and should obtain nonzero score in MHT-CET2020. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non-zero positive score in JEE (Main) Paper I over the candidates who obtained non zero score in MHT-CET2020.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);
*Eligibility Criteria rules as stated by AICTE and UGC will be applicable from time to time.
All Eligible students willing to apply should submit their academic credentials and entrance test score. Based on the above, a merit list will be prepared.
||Name of Industry
||Training, Projects, Seminar, Conference, Consultancy
||MG Aricent Private Limited
||Training, Projects, Seminar, Conference, Consultancy
||Assist Design Automation PVT. LTD
||Training of VR & AR
Scope Of Mechanical Engineering in Coming Years
With the growing technology and advancements taking place in the world, the demand for engineers and professionals is very high. Today, technology is upgrading at an extremely massive rate, and so is the need for engineers. Mechanical Engineering is one such branch of engineering whose scope and career possibilities are expanding in India and abroad at a very high rate. Students who are graduates in the branch of mechanical engineering are ready to build their careers in the areas of automobile, chemical manufacturing plants, aerospace, railway coach factories, oil industries, research and more.
Also, there are multiple domains that a mechanical engineer can get himself associated with like Artificial Intelligence, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Biomedical, Energy Conservation, etc. These areas require mechanical engineers who are experts in their fields and can contribute to the development of these sectors. Due to their high demand and outstanding career roles, many candidates are attracted to pursuing mechanical engineering. Many universities and colleges are providing this technical program to aspiring students to fulfill their dreams and make them engineers in the field of mechanism. Dr. DY Patil University, Pune, famous for its designation as one of the best mechanical engineering colleges in Pune, offers a 4-year program of B. Tech. in the domain of mechanical engineering.
Therefore, if you want to see yourself as a successful mechanical engineer in the future years, then choosing the best college becomes necessary. DYPU is a mechanical engineering college in Pune that takes full pride in imparting high-quality education to its students, along with making them experience the real-life challenges and opportunities of their desired fields.
Mechanical Engineering Career & Job Opportunities
Being the oldest branch of engineering, Mechanical Engineering is a field where students learn to work with high-advanced technology and contribute their knowledge and expertise in designing and developing more such technologies. The career options and roles for a mechanical engineer are plenty and lucrative. They can find an excellent job in the private and public sector as well. These professionals are highly responsible for designing, testing, creating, installing and manufacturing advanced machines and systems that are further used in industries and corporations.
The great job avenues for a mechanical engineer are mentioned below.
- Mechanical Engineering careers in aeronautics-
Mechanical engineers who want to pursue their careers in the field of aeronautics have mastery over the skills of designing and constructing new aircraft and spacecraft. You will also be well-versed with the techniques of using flight-capable machines and can also guide others.
- Mechanical Engineering careers in rail travel-
The career opportunities in the field of rail travel are to become a rail engineering technician. Your work areas will involve the designing and building of mechanical systems that are used in train engines and other rolling machines. Also, the monitoring and checking of the existing mechanical systems will be in your hands.
- Mechanical engineering careers in the automotive sector-
As an automotive engineer, the construction and designing of roads vehicles that include buses, motor cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc., will be performed by you. In this profession, you can master the skills of design, creativity and construction. In order to specialize in this field, you must choose a particular branch of automotive engineering such as exhaust systems or structural design.
- Mechanical engineering careers in healthcare technologies-
As a mechanical engineer in the field of healthcare, you will be able to develop and design high-end technologies that are used in healthcare treatments. Your job role will be surrounded by working areas like research and development, designing, testing, creating and maintaining the machines.
- Mechanical engineering careers in defence-
As the name suggests, a mechanical engineer can also work in the defence system of the country to launch and design military vehicles and equipment. You will have the opportunity to specialize your skills in the making of defence equipment and systems and can become experts in this field. It is among the most prominent career choices as a mechanical engineer where you will be able to polish your abilities as a designer, manufacturer and more.
- Mechanical engineering careers in robotics-
Over the years, the field of robotics has emerged as a very powerful and demanding area in the world. As a robotic engineer, you have the chance to explore different areas of work like agricultural, military, medical, manufacturing, etc., that are conceiving new ideas, uses and exposure for robots. This profession offers you hands-on jobs that are advanced in technology and experiments.
Why Choose Dr. DY Patil University To Study Mechanical Engineering Course in Pune, Ambi?
Mechanical engineering curriculum involves the principles of mathematics, physics, engineering and material science for the designing, manufacturing and maintenance of various mechanical systems. It also constitutes knowledge and understanding of the software that are involved in the technical work of the mechanical systems. B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a program that covers the detailed study of technical systems, distribution of electricity in buildings, houses and more, wiring and lighting in enclosed structures, etc.
Talking about the mechanical engineering colleges in Pune, DYPU is regarded as the top mechanical engineering colleges in Pune. Here, we provide our students with the advanced and practical knowledge of this program. We inculcate in them the skills of practical management, technological training through various industrial visits, guest lectures, seminars, workshops and more.
The efforts of our faculty in making DYPU one of the best mechanical engineering colleges in Pune are incredible. This program is under the guidance and supervision of our extremely talented, hardworking and experienced staff. Laboratories are also being set up to conduct practical training programs for our students. Our qualified staff members provide a friendly environment for our students and provide them with the best and quality knowledge, be it theoretical or practical.
Why is Dr. DY Patil University is Considered as the Best University in Pune?
Hence, if we talk about the well-known and leading mechanical engineering college in Pune, Dr. DY Patil University, Pune remains to be at the topmost position. We believe in student-centred education, where we groom the overall personality of our students by providing them with advanced and quality knowledge. We are a group of people who shape our students in an excellent manner so that they shine in their respective fields. We are an educational institution who design your skills and further polish them to make you a successful and accomplished individual.