Programme - B. Des. in Interior Design
DURATION: 4 YEARS
DYPU's B.Des. in interior design is mainly focused on promoting different aspects and approaches concerned with the creation of the system – experimental, research, historical and theoretical. DYPU is supported with state-of-the-art labs, and a hardworking team of expert faculty and students are trained extensively through a range of activities. If you want to pursue interior designing courses in Pune then check out DYPU.
The learning experience in these interior design courses in Pune at DYPU is enhanced by promoting a wide range of skills, talent and abilities such as designing, creativity, space planning, communication and other essential skills. Essential skills such as leadership, management skills and cultural preferences are also given importance in DY Patil College of Interior Design, Pune. They are considered while designing the curriculum for the interior designing course. These skills will prove very beneficial for students once they start their career.
A course in the interior designing program from DYPU- one of the best interior designing colleges in Pune is specially designed to offer a wide range of specialised classes such as organising, managing, and planning the interiors of various residences and buildings, by understanding people needs and behaviour. At present interior design in Pune is a very lucrative career option as many new homes and offices are springing up which need the aesthetics touch. If you seek the best interior designing courses in Pune the DYPU could be the answer to your quest.
If you are interested in interior design in Pune, know the objectives clearly.
- To develop the knowledge, skills, creativity and innovation for the design profession.
- Ensure the collaborative learning through the interaction with qualified and experienced academicians, industry practitioners and professionals.
- Competency Development programmes and Youth Leadership Programme are deigned to develop the personality, attitude and values.
- Provide opportunity for Certification* programmes in technical, management skills, upcoming areas.
- Experiential learning by providing winter and summer internship, live projects opportunities to work in visual agencies and design companies.
- Inculcate innovation, leadership, & entrepreneurial thinking.
- Academic delivery with the use of technology, workshops, seminars, visits, study tours, joint studios and webinars.
- Classroom Learning: Theoretical lectures, interactive session, audio / video, digital classrooms & Parallel Studies
- Group based learning: Group Assignments & Presentations to learn collaborative skills
- Technical workshops, Industry-Academia Guest lecture
- Webinars for National and Global Exposure
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship, Field visits
- Practice Lab for design practice, interior design, product design, graphic design, 3D visualizers, Graphic design, advertising, films, web banners and adverts, product configurators, posters (still and moving), historical re-constructions, e-books and magazines, architecture, video games, augmented reality, virtual reality, marketing and communications, infographics and many more
- Design advisory services such as digital training manuals, pathfinding, interfaces
- Education, training and research – as teachers or lecturers of design-related topics.
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 240
Intake : 20 Students
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for admission in DYPU interior designing courses in Pune includes:
1. The Candidate should be an Indian National.
2. Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with English as compulsory subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only),
3. The Candidate with remarkable achievements in Co-Curricular & Extra-Curricular Activities and qualified in written test conducted at DYPU
The Candidate should have qualified in UCEED/NID 2020
To enroll in Interior design courses in Pune under DYPU, the applicant has to appear and clear the DYPU Test that includes
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
Note: Candidates who have secured ranks in UCEED (for B.Des. Programme) can directly attend the portfolio and personal interview conducted by the D - School. If not, they have to undertake the DYPU Written Test conducted by the D - School to get qualified for the design Programmes.
Four Years at Campus:
DYPU is one of the best interior designing colleges in Pune and you can expect the below academic thrills:
- First and Second Year: Familiarizing with design thinking and acquiring skill sets for design and product
- Third Year: Focus on Application and Practice through projects
- Fourth Year: Industry internship and Project
Scope of Interior Design Studies in Coming Years
There is a huge demand for interior designers in today's world, and the scope of this field is only set to grow, especially in an emerging market like India which provides excellent prospects to designers across a wide range of artistic and creative fields. DYPU understands the need hence came up with Interior design institute in Pune.
Interior designing is a very creative career option, and it is expected to undergo high growth in upcoming years, given the fact that there will increase in demand for designers in the construction and designing industry. Therefore, the scope of interior designing will continue to grow and is going to be an excellent career choice in India as well as abroad.
The work choices available for interior designers involves designing properties including houses and other commercial spaces. This work also consists of executing these designs in a manner that resembles the imagined environment desired by the client/clients. DYPU interior design courses in Pune prepares its students to be ready for any challenges they are likely to face in the industry.
This career field requires students to demonstrate their passion for this role and have an artistic or creative bent of mind while designing every property. Also, people who want to work in the interior designing field require proper communication and management skills since this job also entails the exchange of ideas and considering the expectations of the client while planning a design.
Interior Design Career & Job Opportunities
DYPU's exceptional education quality in interior design in Pune offers several career opportunities to degree holders who have the interest and the zeal to pen down their imagination in paper and then making practical applications of these designs.
There are job opportunities in private and public sectors as well as can start their own business after the completion of their degree. Interior designing courses in Pune or from any other city in the world will open up the below opportunities:
Some of the career options for interior design degree holders are as follows-
1. Interior Designer
It is considered as the ideal choice for students especially in interior design in Pune, and work duties include preparing payouts, planning interior spaces, ensuring proper and functional fitting of electrical circuits, ventilation, drainage, etc. A piece of basic technical knowledge about building and their structures is also required.
2. Interior Decorators –
This job is very different from that of interior designers. The primary duties involved in this job are choosing furnishing, lights, paint and fabrics, and other similar material. Their primary role is to put together all the elements of decoration to meet the requirement of the client. Homeowners, corporates and developers mostly hire interior decorators for designing and decorating their properties.
3. TV/Theatre/Film Set Designer –
A set designer plays an essential role and is responsible for creating and designing sets of TV, theatre or film. A proper understanding of the requirement of directors, producers and other staff members and strong communication skills are fundamental. Other responsibilities of a set designer include producing model sets, meeting construction companies, managing budgets, etc.
4. Exhibition Designer –
Exhibiting designers work on large commercials, trade shows, commercial exhibitions, showcase events, etc. They even get the opportunity to work with corporate giants for display promotions.
Why Choose Dr. DY Patil University To Study Interior Design Course in Pune?
DYPU's Bachelor of design in interior design in Pune is a four-year undergraduate course that is offered to students who have completed their higher secondary level education. Admission to these courses is provided to students based on the candidate's performance in the entrance test, and the subsequent round of counselling.
This four-year course of interior design in Pune is sub-divided into eight semesters wherein students are taught the art and science of interior designing of various properties, making them more attractive, useful and comfortable for human beings.
This course is specially designed to educate and train students about the art and techniques involved in transforming common spaces into beautiful living spaces by making use of their artistic talent and creativity.
The professors of DYPU interior design college Pune knows what it takes to be successful in the field of art and design because they've had successful professional careers. Their diverse backgrounds and comprehensive industry experiences have helped DY Patil Pune interior design college to become one of the top interior designing colleges in Pune. They have also guided a lot of students to understand the different facets of the complex business landscape. The whole faculty is not considered expert only in their domains, but they also have very high standards of moral and ethical values and therefore, are the right role models to their students.
The faculty members at DYPU interior design degree college in Pune ensure that these courses offer the right and balanced combination of practical and theoretical skills with the latest processes, techniques and a healthy and creative thinking environment supported by an understanding of socio-cultural needs.
Why is Dr. DY Patil University, Considered as the Best University in Pune?
DYPU interior design college in Pune is considered as a global leader in internal design education and research. DY Patil Pune interior design college offers an excellent opportunity for its students to study at a world-class institution that will provide them with the conditioning to become a great designer.
DYPU interior design college in Pune offers students a better and more in-depth understanding of the diverse domains of interior designing and to build expertise in the tools as well as techniques to translate their creative ideas into products.
The education system offered at DYPU interior design college in Pune matches that of the global standards with world-class infrastructure, a magnificent library, well-equipped laboratories, innovative workspace and many other amenities. At DY Patil Pune interior design college we offer one of the esteemed interior designing courses in Pune provides our students with a fulfilling and rewarding work experience.
DY Patil University offers an enhanced and efficient platform to students from all over the world looking forward to pursuing quality education. It is one of the best interior designing colleges in Pune that exposes students to practical experience. I am grateful to the experience that I received in terms of knowledge sharing.
The placement cell of DY Patil makes it one of the most sought-after interior colleges in Pune. I am very pleased with the college’s placement success. I am thankful to them for providing the best of placement opportunities which helped me start my career at a Fortune-500 company.
The experience that I had at DY Patil interior design institute in Pune was enriching. I am thankful to the faculty who encouraged me to think out of the box and supported me. They guided me through various obstacles that I faced, which has helped me shape my career. I was able to discover my true potential which helped me grow into an accomplished interior designer.
The best thing about studying at DY Patil is having the freedom to think of an idea and test its practical application. There is a reason why DY Patil is one of the top interior designing colleges in Pune! The faculty allow you to turn your ideas into reality, and guide you through it as well. The various facilities that the campus offers add to the positive influence the faculty have on you. If you are looking for personal and professional growth, this is the right college to study in.
There are many interior design degree colleges in Pune, but if you want to get ahead in life, you must pursue an interior designing course at DY Patil. The college organizes several guest lectures, industrial visits, case conclaves and conferences to give a hands on experience on work-life balance. Here, you can evolve as a student and emerge a professional.
|Academic Calendar 2020-21|
|Commencement & End of Term||First Term||Second Term|
|Orientation for First Years||7th July 2020 to 12th Dec 2020||6th Jan 2021 to 15th May 2021|
|School of Design Semester||13th July 2020 to 12th Dec 2020||6th Jan 2021 to 31st May 2021|
|1st Class Test||17th Aug 2020 to 22nd Aug. 2020||2nd Feb 2021 to 05th Feb 2021|
|2nd Class Test||5th Oct 2020 to 10th Oct 2020||9th Mar.2021 to 13th Mar.2021|
|Term End Exam||11th Nov 2021 to 12th Dec 2020||4th May2021 to 15th May 2021|
|Winter Vacation - 13th Dec to 5th Jan.2021|
*The dates may vary in any circumstances; School will reserve the rights. Changes will be informed prior.
Choice based Credit Systems: 240 Credits
- Continuous Evaluation and assessment: Internal 60% and External 40% for each subject
- Electives: Design Electives and Professional Electives
- Series of Design Innovation Projects
- Series of Design Research Projects
- Design Industry internships
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Design Project