DURATION : 5 YEARS
We at DYPUSOA, believe that architecture is a transformative force with which creatively ignited minds can bring about a positive change in society and hence are emphatically committed to excellence in architectural education and profession.
We focus on giving hands-on industry experiences through in-house and professional lectures, seminars, colloquiums, workshops, site visits, and study tours. We encourage students to push the envelope of conventional thinking, stretch their imagination, and help them realize their full creative potential. To guide students on this path successfully, we have a distinguished team of highly qualified and diversely experienced faculty members.
A rigorous academic, with curriculum developed to accommodate co-curricular, extra-curricular activities as a part & parcel, is linked to many social projects to develop students into a professional with holistic personality.
- Understanding the basic philosophy and fundamental principles of multidimensional and multifaceted nature of architecture.
- Acquire and enhance the skills of critical thinking, lateral thinking to inculcate design sensitivity and ability to undertake work as an architect.
- Preparing the students to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary/inter-disciplinary team in the building industry and to lead a team of stakeholders.
- Directing and focusing the thrust of architecture education towards integration for social, economic, cultural, and environmental aspects of nation building.
- Sensitize the students to the universal values of equity, environmental care, accessibility, respect for heritage and ethical practices through design pedagogy.
- Preparing students to undertake research to understand and find solutions to issues or situations and give them creative and contextual solutions.
Programme Specialization/ Tracks Offered:
- Ecological utopia in Architecture
- Allied Design in Architecture
- Architectural Management and Practice
- Emergent Technologies
- Digital/Parametric Architecture
- Cultural Landscape
- Emerging Discipline
- In-house professional lectures, simulation labs, seminars, colloquiums and event workshops
- Field visit includes site visits and study tours.
- Parallel Studies, assisting practicing architects, construction groups within and outside India.
- Special Interactions with sensitive professionals, artists, historians, conservation architects, archaeologist and businesses
- Festival of Architecture Lecture Series and Exhibition from Urban Design to Interior design.
- Vertical Studios for exploring ideas and concepts into designing of the projects
- Winter, summer and live projects with leading firms and industries
- Professional internship and Research projects
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
A student is required to earn a total of 298 credits to complete the course. In addition to mainstream courses the University offers Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) courses as electives from beyond architecture discipline.
Intake : 120 Students
1. Passed HSC or its equivalent with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) of the 10+2 level examination
1. Passed (10+3) Full time Diploma examination recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only) with Mathematics as compulsory subject;
1. The candidate should have passed IB Diploma or Certificate with minimum 4 points in each subject with overall minimum of 24 points. English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory. Minimum two Science subjects must be taken in HL and the Third science subject in with English in HL or SL. Students awarded the IB Diploma should also have completed other mandatory requirements (like CAS, TOK and the EE) towards the award of IB Diploma
2. The Candidate should obtain qualifying score in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA 2022), conducted by the Council of Architecture
- Transfer Admissions for Higher Classes (Only if seats are available)
- Passed in all subjects of Previous Years
- No Objection Certificate from the Previous Institute
- Enrolment number given by Council of Architecture is necessary
The admission Process will be governed by the rules and regulations as prescribed by the Council of Architecture and D Y Patil University, Ambi, Pune.
A. If letter grades are assigned at SSC, HSC, Diploma, Bachelor of Science or its equivalent examination, the Candidate must submit the certificate of conversion of letter grades into equivalent marks from the concerned competent authority or Board at the time of submission of Application Form. The eligibility shall be decided on the basis of equivalent marks.
B. If the Candidate reappears for the qualifying examination with all subjects, then the marks obtained in the latest examination shall only be considered.
All Eligible students willing to apply should submit their ‘Academic Credentials’ and all relevant ‘Entrance Test Scores’, on or before the last date mentioned in the Admission Brochure of School of Architecture. A merit list will be published on D.Y Patil University, Ambi, Pune website. Selected students will take the admission on or before the last date given in the Admission Brochure of School of Architecture.
||Name of Organization/Company
||Folk Fitness Training Services
||Introduce different folk dances and fitness exercises based on folk dances on a weekly basis. These sessions planned to link to ongoing design studios with an objective to enhance cultural understanding & lateral thinking and also inculcate healthy life style.
||Blueprint Designs, Authorised Autocad Academic Adoption Partners
||For Digital training and globally accepted certifications
||Professional Consortium. Click here for more info...
Scope Of B.Arch. Career in Coming Years
After the completion of B Arch course, students have the option of continuing your studies and earning a Master's degree, or they can apply for jobs and start their career. Both of these options from a good B Arch College will ultimately lead to the development of a specialized set of skills that are necessary to enhance career opportunities.
Architects can work in a lot of different sectors such as that of public works departments, construction, urban development corporations, interior designing, urban planning, etc. Every organization needs architects for different roles such as architectural engineer, historian, building researcher, draftsman, interior designer, section engineer, technologist, art director, contractor, inspector, planner.
There are a lot of job opportunities in the industry for a professionally qualified architect. An architect gets the opportunity to experience different kinds of work, from designing a corporate arena to drafting the layout of commercial buildings. Everyone needs an architect to design the structure and produce the technical layouts.
Primary responsibilities of architects entail fixing any planning concerns, managing the construction scheme, consulting other design experts overseeing the environmental repercussions of projects, and adhering to financial budgets.
B.Arch Career & Job Opportunities
In a developing country like India, the demand for better residential and commercial infrastructure keeps on increasing. This provides ample job opportunities to all the aspiring architects in the industry. The demand for architecture has recently multifold across the country in both the public and private sectors. Therefore, many Bachelor of architecture colleges in Pune, have seen a greater enrollment of students in this course, especially in the past couple of years.
Architects can even start their own practice in Pune after the completion of your degree from one of the top B Arch Colleges in Pune by registering themselves with the Council of Architecture (COA). Architects have a lot of job options; they can work with a firm, or work under already established architects. They can even apply for jobs in the real-estate sector or work as an interior designer and even apply for jobs in the teaching/education sector.
Government sector also offers many jobs for architects. Departments such as PWD, Town and Urban Planning boards, Municipal Corporations, railways, Archaeology departments hire architects for various roles.
The architecture profession is a very diverse field and involves career options like;
- Data analyst
- Architecture designer
- Architecture engineer
- Project assistant manager
- Technical assistant
- Business development manager
- Art director
- Interior designer
- Landscape architect
- Building contractor, etc.
Why Choose DY Patil University To Study B Arch Course in Pune, Ambi?
The duration of this course from a B. Arch college is five years with two semesters in each year which accounts for ten semesters in total. The five-year program comprises comprehensive architectural training which we consider efficient in paving the way to various job prospects for our students.
The course of B.Arch. in Pune aims at developing the professional skills and encourages the students’ intellectual strengths enabling them to pursue an allied career in the broad range of Architecture. This makes us one of the best B.Arch. Colleges in Pune.
The career growth after completing a B Arch Course is highly robust and dynamic in nature because it helps the students to learn practical and real-life architecture planning. A degree from one of the reputed institutions like DY Patil University can give a long way ahead in the field and provide you with a strong career.
DY Patil School of Architecture, Pune, Ambi plays a very key role in contributing to the mission of DY Patil University. Our campus is home to a rich portfolio of strong and well-structured undergraduate and graduate programs. We have a national and international reputation and renowned for our brilliant and innovative research programs. We are counted in the top 10 B Arch Colleges in Pune.
Our enrollments are healthy and progressing, and many of our expert faculty members are conducting cutting edge research which is globally recognized and appreciated. Our faculty embraces the challenges of preparing our students for successful lifetime careers in the field of Architecture. DYPUSOA is one of the well-known B Arch Colleges in Pune renowned for the well-equipped and world-class architectural courses.
Why is Dr. DY Patil University Considered as the Best University in Pune, Ambi?
DYPU was established in the year 1983, guided by a strong vision and goal - meet both the local and global requirements of Architecture by providing “The State of Art, Architectural Education” to young aspirant architects. DY Patil University is approved by the Council of Architecture, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Govt. of Maharashtra.
We at DY Patil University in Pune, Ambi have worked hard to provide world-class infrastructure facilities, to promote spaces that encourage Architectural education, and intensive industry facilities for our students. We at DYPU have a conviction that builds future architects with the required skills, abilities and expertise in aesthetic, environment, technological and social responsibility to participate in the development of a sustainable future.