School of Architecture is the one of the most influential, exciting and innovative architecture schools in Maharashtra and recognized for setting the agenda for what architecture is and could be.
Profession of architecture is an eclectic mix of all the fields related to art, culture, human behavior, science, and technology, and hence a true multidisciplinary in nature. Architecture profession goes beyond designing and crafting meaningful physical spaces rather it profoundly influences human health, human behavior and society.
An architect is a creator and therefore needs a deep understanding of cross discipline that helps to assimilate the desired architectural expressions for Clientele.
School of Architecture is engaged in creating the future architects through the programmes that are designed to explore new challenges with a passion for inventiveness, intelligence and effectiveness.
At campus, student centric learning culture provides opportunities for learning and practicing. Education Programmes at campus are designed to understand 'how' things work and 'find' practical solutions with the use of scientific processes, application of theories and design. Students are made ready to play a role and perform functions as an architect who identifies, creates, evaluates and designs.
Leading school known for architecture to contribute towards the transformation of human life, understanding contemporary design culture and to protect the environment through programmes, research studies and collaboration with professionals and stakeholders.
- Provide quality and value based education that transform the students through the academic rigor and vibrant culture.
- Fostering sensitivity and appreciation in the curriculum that focuses on built environment, learning physical and visual designs, focusing on building social inclusiveness and dealing with the climate and environmental challenges.
- Offering a diverse and cross-disciplinary approach in fields of ecology, technology, planning, management and construction.
- Focus on the relationship between history, culture, behavioral science, technology, exploring future of practices in design, manufacturing and construction.
- Expand external partnerships, through collaboration with industrial organizations for the knowledge, exchange of ideas and joint projects.
- Engaging adjacent discipline through innovation, managerial and entrepreneurship skills. Incorporate importance of community service thus contributing towards social responsibility.
- D Y Patil University, Pune is established by Govt. of Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2019 under the Section (3) and recognized by UGC, New Delhi, India.
- DYPU School of Engineering & Technology is consistently ranked in Times Engineering Institute Survey
- Ranked amongst top 20 Schools of Architecture in the State of Maharashtra in 2020.
- Ranked 41 Top Engineering Colleges in India, ranked as 32 Top Private Engineering Colleges in India and Ranked as Top 10 Engineering Colleges in West Zone at ALL INDIA RANKING
- University Campus has received “Vanashree Award” as Green Campus by Government of Maharashtra and Ministry of Environment.
- D Y Patil University is awarded as University for Innovation in Global Collaborative Learning in 2021 at 19th World Education Summit.
|Duration (In Years)
|Form Fee in Rs.
|Fees in Rs. (Per Annum)
|Bachelor of Architecture
|Master of Architecture (Environmental Architecture)
- B. Arch., M. Arch (Environment) and PhD programmes approved by Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi
- Yearly renewed syllabus with support of industry for Choice Based Credit System and Multidisciplinary Education.
- Online mode of teaching and learning on LMS Platform.
- Certifications and credit transfer with industry partners like Adobe, EdX, Course Era, MOOCs, NPTEL and Swayam as per the guidelines of UGC, New Delhi.
- Freshman Orientation Programme, Finishing School, Competency Mapping - Behavioral Labs Boot Camp, Outreach, and Immersion Programmes for professional development.
- MoU's with reputed Green Building Certification Organizations emphasizing student and faculty participation and certifications.
- Academics inclined towards Indian and World history involving study tours and field visits.
- Study through human psychology and region-specific lifestyles.
- Focus on UN 17 Goals for Environment importance and measures as part of curriculum.
- Professional training in private and MNC Firm is mandatory once in two semesters for field experience.
- Centre for Industry and Academia Partnerships (CIAP) for providing career services.
- Centre for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Incubation (CEII) for creating professional architecture firms and developing successful business model.
- Partnership with leading Universities and Industry for imparting technology and techno-managerial development through guest lectures, seminars, conferences, on the job training, projects, and internships.
- Finishing School to gain experience through 9 Student Clubs Reader's Club, Sport Club, Cultural Club, Photography Club, Film & Theater Club, Expressions Club, Social Media Club, Environmental Club and Outreach Club.
- Residential Campus*
Ar. Omkar Samudra
Ar. Omkar Samudra holds a Masters Degree in Planning from Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad, and Bachelors Degree in Architecture from MIT, Aurangabad. He has more than two decades of experience working on National and International Architectural and Urban Planning Projects in the Middle East and South East Asian region. During these years he has worked on world class Urban Planning projects with renowned international organizations. World renowned and Pritzker Award winning Architect, B V Doshi (India), Christopher Charles Benninger Architects (India‐Bhutan), Parsons International (Dubai, UAE), Cansult Maunsell, AECOM (Dubai, UAE), Jurong International (Abu Dhabi, UAE), AEDAS (Singapore) and SSA Architects India are a few of the organizations with whom Ar. Omkar was attached with during his career. He has held Managerial and Directorial positions all throughout his professional career.
Ar. Omkar was involved as a Project Manager in the design and execution of the 7th tallest residential tower in India. He was recognized at various occasions as a successful Urban Planner in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan by the Royal Government of Bhutan for his contribution in playing a pivotal role in planning 6 major towns in the Kingdom.
With his extensive professional experience and passion for academics, Ar. Omkar joined D Y Patil University's School of Architecture and is an incumbent Principal and has taken up this responsibility of mentoring the students of Architecture. He continues to play a pioneering role in the evolution of DYPUSoA and deserves credit for its stellar rise in the architectural fraternity.
Architecture has always fascinated me and it was my immense luck that I could be a part of DY Patil University. Before I joined college, I made a long list of architecture colleges in Pune that I could take admission to pursue my dreams. DY Patil architecture school was number in the list of top 10 architecture colleges in Pune and to my pleasure, I got into the college. The faculty here leave no stones unturned to shape our future. My experience here has been wonderful. I offer my gratitude to all the faculty members as well as non-faculty staff for their dedication and devotion in shaping the young minds.
When I think of the top architecture colleges in Pune, there is only one name that pops into my mind, DY Patil! Huge respect and love to the entire faculty members of the architecture college who molded me into a professional. It is their efforts that made me a successful architect.
There are several colleges that offer architecture courses in Pune, but I was fortunate that fate brought me to DY Patil University. As one of the best colleges in Pune for architecture, the faculty at the college contribute immensely to the development of each student. The classroom here is just a name. The knowledge imparted by the faculty is beyond what is taught within the four walls of a classroom. I am deeply indebted to this college for the skills and expertise that I have, which helps me shape my career.
Being a part of the one of the top architecture colleges in Pune, is a dream come true to me. I have always been fascinated about architecture, and DY Patil College of architecture added to my fascination. In addition to being the pillars of learning, the faculty here are more than just teachers. They are courteous and friendly, which makes them more approachable. Being a part of this prestigious college has changed my life.
My experience here cannot be defined in a few words. From the faculty and the staff to the infrastructure of the college, everything has impacted my life positively. I am proud to be a part of one of the top10 architecture colleges in Pune. It was a wonderful experience that enhanced my knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Architecture has always been a dream of mine and DY Patil Architecture Pune was my choice of college. Ever since my brother graduated from there, I had dreamt of going to that college to pursue my professional education. The education I received there was just the cake. The icing was the constant support that the professors at DY Patil Architecture College Pune provide. Thanks to them, I managed to achieve my dreams.
Born and brought up in Dubai, I never expected to pursue my higher education at DY Patil Architecture Pune. The decision was made in a day and I don’t regret it one bit. I am in the final year now and the time spent here at DY Patil College of Architecture Pune has been the best days of my life. From my amazing classmates to all the teaching staff, every person I have had the pleasure of meeting has imprinted on me.
I chose DY Patil College of Architecture Pune because it is close to my home. The job offer I received through campus requires me to leave my hometown. But I am glad that I was a part of DY Patil. It helped me come out of my comfort zone.
DY Patil College of Architecture Pune was never my choice of college. I wanted to study abroad but finances became a problem. I never thought that over the years of my education there, I would be so attached that I would feel bad leaving the college. The friends I made during my time there is a proof that fate had better things for me and hence fate sent me to DY Patil instead of the United States.
Why Choose DY Patil University To Study B Arch Course in Pune, Ambi?
The duration of this course from a B. Arch college is five years with two semesters in each year which accounts for ten semesters in total. The five-year program comprises comprehensive architectural training which we consider efficient in paving the way to various job prospects for our students.
The course of B.Arch. in Pune aims at developing the professional skills and encourages the student's intellectual strengths enabling them to pursue an allied career in the broad range of Architecture. This makes us one of the best B.Arch. Colleges in Pune.
The career growth after completing a B Arch Course is highly robust and dynamic in nature because it helps the students to learn practical and real-life architecture planning. A degree from one of the reputed institutions like DY Patil University can give a long way ahead in the field and provide you with a strong career.
DY Patil School of Architecture, Pune, Ambi plays a very key role in contributing to the mission of DY Patil University. Our campus is home to a rich portfolio of strong and well-structured undergraduate and graduate programs. We have a national and international reputation and renowned for our brilliant and innovative research programs. We are counted in the top 10 B Arch Colleges in Pune.
Our enrollments are healthy and progressing, and many of our expert faculty members are conducting cutting edge research which is globally recognized and appreciated. Our faculty embraces the challenges of preparing our students for successful lifetime careers in the field of Architecture. DYPUSOA is one of the well-known B Arch Colleges in Pune renowned for the well-equipped and world-class architectural courses.
Why is DY Patil University Considered as the Best University in Pune, Ambi?
DYPU was established in the year 1983, guided by a strong vision and goal - meet both the local and global requirements of Architecture by providing “The State of Art, Architectural Education” to young aspirant architects. DY Patil University is approved by the Council of Architecture, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Govt. of Maharashtra.
We at DY Patil University in Pune, Ambi have worked hard to provide world-class infrastructure facilities, to promote spaces that encourage Architectural education, and intensive industry facilities for our students. We at DYPU have a conviction that builds future architects with the required skills, abilities and expertise in aesthetic, environment, technological and social responsibility to participate in the development of a sustainable future.