DURATION: 4 YEARS
Information Technology programme includes the study of designing, development and execution of software/hardware applications and computer-based systems, as well as to enrich the student’s personal, social and cognitive development to meet challenges of the society. Students are exposed to up-to-date curriculum, technology and techniques. The Department is well equipped with high-end computers, the latest software & state-of-the-art IT infrastructure, and all these computing resources are interconnected with the high-speed intranet. The curriculum is modified, enhanced and updated regularly as we introduce new courses to reflect current topics in this fast-changing discipline such as Cyber Security and Digital Forensic to develop a security policy for an organization that balances the organization’s mission, culture, human factors, and security requirements; Apply risk assessment methodologies in selecting and configuring security controls to protect information assets.
Data Science gives broad exposure to key concepts and tools from Python, R to Machine Learning and more. Hands-on labs and project work bring these concepts to life with our trainers and teaching assistants to guide you along the way. ICT refers to Information and Communication Technology which includes media of communication, Information Machines, Telecommunication Technologies & Equipment. ICT is an extended-term for information technology which stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of telecommunications, computers as well as the necessary software, its storage and the audio-visual systems, which enable all users to access, store, transmit, and manipulate information. Hence the programme is designed with specialization tracks such as cybersecurity, data science & ICT.
The programme is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr. DY Patil University, Pune which is regarded as one of the best IT engineering colleges in Pune.
- Graduates of the Information Technology programs will be technically qualified for practice in the profession.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to specify, design, and implement software and/or hardware-software systems to meet customer requirements or to advance the state of the art.
- Graduates will be able to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in various tasks and apply knowledge of science and mathematics to such tasks.
- Basic Science Courses
- Engineering Science Courses including workshop, drawing, basics of each branch is covered for making the strong foundation of engineering.
- Professional Core Courses.
- Professional Elective courses relevant to chosen specialization/branch.
- Open subjects – Electives from other technical and /or emerging subjects*.
- Project work, seminar and internship in industry or professional organization
- Environmental Sciences, Induction training, Indian Constitution, Essence of Indian Traditional Knowledge.
Programme Specializations/Track Offered :
- Information Technology (Generic)
- Cyber Security and Digital Forensic
- Data Science
- Information Communication Technology
- Classroom Learning: Theoretical lectures, interactive session, audio / video, digital classrooms.
- Continuous Evaluation and assessment: Internal 60% and External 40% for each subject
- Group based learning: Group Assignments & Presentations to learn collaborative skills
- Technical workshops
- Industry-Academia Guest lecture, Seminars & Conferences
- Webinars for National and Global Exposure
- Live projects, group projects, winter projects and summer internship
- Field visits
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a massive open online course (MOOCs*), Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 165
- Information Technology (Generic): 30
- Cyber Security and Digital Forensic : 30
- Data Science : 30
- Information Communication Technology : 30
Maharashtra State Candidate:
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and The Candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT-CET 2020 and should obtain non zero score in MHT-CET2020.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
All India Candidates:
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and should obtain non zero positive score in JEE Main Paper I or the candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in MHT-CET 2020 and should obtain nonzero score in MHT-CET2020. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non-zero positive score in JEE (Main) Paper I over the candidates who obtained non zero score in MHT-CET2020.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);
*Eligibility Criteria rules as stated by AICTE and UGC will be applicable from time to time.
All Eligible students willing to apply should submit their academic credentials and entrance test score. Based on above, a merit list will be prepared.
||MOU Signed with Industry / Organization
||Date of signing MOU
||Purpose of MOU
||Outcomes / Beneficiaries
||TechMainstay Software Pvt. Ltd., Pune(IT)
||Industry -Institute Interaction
||Expert Lecture on Intellectual Property Rights and Patents for IT Students (45 Students attended)
||miTU skillologies, Nashik(IT)
||Industry -Institute Interaction
||1. Expert Lecture on IPC Using Shared Memory for IT students (30 students attended)
2. Expert Lecture on Packet Tracer & MANET / Wireless Sensor Network for TE IT students (40 students attended)
3. Expert Lecture on Big Data Analytics Using R, HBase, HiveQL for TE IT students (40 students attended)
4. 2 day’s Workshop on Linux Essentials for SE Computer students (60 students attended)
||Logic N Concepts(LNC)
||Industry -Institute Interaction
||Guest lecture on Inter Process Communication (IPC) for TE IT students (30 students attended)
Orientation of BE projects and project sponsorship (15 students attended and 7 students sponsored)
NOTE- FORMAT OF INDUSTRY COLLABORATION IS NOT COMMON AND HENCE SHOULD BE CHANGED
Scope Of IT Engineering in Coming Years
When talking about the fastest growing industries in the world, Information Technology is at the top position. Today, the dependence of the whole world is on the IT sector that provides advanced technology and systems in every field. The IT sector is also high in demand among the professionals because of the lucrative and well-paid jobs it provides to people. It requires massive technical manpower, and due to this, more than 2 million jobs are available for individuals every year.
Since technology and advancements are a major part of today's world, the need and requirements of the IT sector are also growing at an excessively rapid rate. The career roles and job opportunities are excellent and guarantees high income for the professionals in this field. The opportunity to go abroad also drives the students to study this course. Therefore, if you are looking forward to getting admission in one of the finest colleges of IT, then Dr. DY Patil University, Pune is the right choice for you. Well-recognized, as one of the top IT engineering colleges in Pune, we provide quality education and prepare our students to become professionals in their fields.
IT Engineering Career & Job Opportunities
The course offers excellent career roles that can secure your future and can get you associated with the finest jobs possible. Every year, all the big corporations and companies recruit IT graduates from the best IT colleges. If you also want to land up at an income-generating job, then studying from the best IT engineering colleges becomes very important. Dr. DY Patil IT Engineering University, Pune, is a well-known university that offers IT programs to its students. It is also considered as one of the best colleges in Pune for IT engineering because of the education and exposure it provides to the aspiring candidates.
The various job profiles for an IT graduate are mentioned below.
1) Mobile Application Developer-
The technology behind smartphones has taken the world years ahead in progress, and so the demand for IT professionals will always be there. As a graduate in this field, you can become a mobile application developer where your major role will be to develop and create applications for various mobile devices like Androids and iPhones. You will be able to demonstrate your skills to develop multiple programming languages for the applications on mobile phones. The job role can also vary from developing mobile applications to designing games or lifestyle apps.
2) Information Security Analyst-
These are experts in the field of developing and designing security programs and systems to protect the working of the computer by certain hackers and other security breaches. As a security analyst, you must have comprehensive knowledge about the threats of the IT field, the needs of your employers and also the current security systems to prevent any kind of danger to the computer program.
3) Web Developer-
4) Cloud Solutions Architect-
These individuals are highly proficient with all the solutions and working of the cloud. Their work area includes the designing and creation of solutions for IT companies who want to move their services and infrastructure to a cloud-based storage solution. They assure the availability and scalability of the cloud system to be user-friendly and free of any frauds and complexities.
5) Data Scientist-
Another prominent job role of an IT graduate is to become a data scientist. These people are highly skilled in gathering data and analyzing it to study patterns and reach conclusions. Data could belong to any entity, organizations, corporations and government agencies as well. Apart from developing models and methods of how to collect and convey data, these professionals also work in the development of large scale projects of how an organization must convey its data. They are well polished in the skills of data mining, data storage, trends in data, hardware and software data storage, applications of data, etc.
6) Software Engineer-
They design and develop the computer programs that are used in multiple areas comprising operating systems, control systems, business applications and more. They also work on specialized and technical projects and design systems according to the needs and demands of today's times.
Why Choose Dr. DY Patil University To Study IT Engineering Course in Pune, Ambi?
Being one of the topmost IT engineering colleges in Pune, DYPU offers a program of B. Tech Information Technology in the specialization of Information Technology. It is a 4-year undergraduate program that covers and teaches all the aspects and areas of IT. The minimum eligibility criterion of most of the IT engineering colleges in Pune is to have a score of at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 equivalent level. While studying this program, students acquire detailed as well as practical knowledge in the field of IT so that they can become expert professionals in their desired areas.
Dr. DY Patil University, Pune has an excellent faculty who are well-versed in their fields and subjects. At DYPU, the faculty not only provides class research and training but also imparts practical knowledge by conducting on-field training, seminars, workshops, conferences and more. The professors take full responsibility in guiding and mentoring the students to become successful individuals in their proficient areas. At Dr. DY Patil University Pune, we have a team of extremely talented and hard-working personnel who believe in providing quality education to every student. The university is focused on making the students ready for real-life opportunities by training and developing them as disciplined and groomed individuals and inculcating in them the abilities of problem-solving, multi-tasking and management. We are grateful to our dedicated faculty in making DYPU as one of the highly-recognized IT engineering colleges in Pune.
Why is Dr. DY Patil University is Considered as the Best University in Pune?
Among the Pune IT engineering colleges, Dr. DY Patil University, Pune has gained recognition and excellence all over the country. Founded in the year of 1983, DYPU is one of the leading institutions in India that imparts quality knowledge and education to the candidates. Our main objective is to train and develop our students as confident, compassionate and expert professionals to deal with social, economic, political and technical aspects of their lives.
Class learning is provided to our students in the most excellent way where students also experience on-field training sessions, guest lectures from experts, industrial visits and more. Along with a sound infrastructure, we provide a healthy learning environment for our students. Digital libraries, big campus, excellent faculty members are all blessings that our students count while studying at DYPU. It is a great place to shape your future because we aim at providing our students with a better tomorrow.