DURATION: 4 YEARS
D Y Patil University's School of Fine Arts (DYPUSoFA) is one of a kind learning platform for everyone who craves for the creative way of life through art. Amidst the scenic landscape of Ambi, Talegaon, DYPUSoFA is one of the most perfect place where the field of art meets with an innovative learning process in collaboration with the most elite faculties.
The term 'Fine Arts' encompasses an enormous range of fields related to art such as History, Aesthetics, Psychology, Philosophy, Sculpture, Visual Art, and many more, and hence is truly multi-disciplinary. An artist - having a powerful and sensitive personality - is a reflection of the society and represents a strong stratum of sociology.
An artist is so influential creator and therefore needs a deep understanding of various cross disciplines that help him to assimilate the desired form of art as a whole to represent the society in the future.
DYPUSFA is engaged in creating the future artists through the programs that are designed to explore facets and challenges with a passion for inventiveness, intelligence, and effectiveness.
At the campus, a student-centric learning culture provides opportunities for learning and practicing. Educational programs at the campus are designed to understand 'how' things work and 'find' practical solutions with the use of scientific processes, application of theories, and design. Students are made ready to play a role and perform functions as an architect who observes, identify, create, evaluate, and design.
- To develop a strong sense of design, creativity, expression through fine art.
- Improve understanding of various allied fields closely related to fine art such as sociology, history, psychology, philosophy, aesthetics, and calligraphy.
- Develop skills drawing, proportions, perspective, rendering techniques, and effective handling of various media and tools.
- Specialization through Projects, Electives, Research, and practical knowledge.
- The program is supported by industry specialists and academics in each relevant aspect.
Programme Specialization/ Tracks Offered:
- Portrait study
- Print Making
- Textile Design
- In-house professional lectures, simulation labs, seminars, colloquiums and event workshops
- Field visit includes site visits and study tours.
- Hand on experiences and demonstrations of eminent artists.
- Special Interactions with sensitive professionals, artists from various backgrounds, and philosophies.
- Annual events and exhibitions to learn the organization skills, management, and marketing aspects.
- Vertical Studios for exploring ideas and concepts into designing the projects.
- Winter, summer, and live projects with leading artists.
- Professional internship and Research projects
- The certification programs shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programs, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed industry professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
A student is required to earn a total of 298 credits to complete the course. In addition to mainstream courses the University offers Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) courses as electives from beyond architecture discipline.
Intake : 60 Students
1. Passed HSC or its equivalent with 40% aggregate marks belonging to any stream (Science/Commerce/Arts), at least 35% marks in aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only of the 10+2 level examination.
A Common Entrance Test – CET will be conducted by the university. The admission Process will be governed by the rules and regulations as prescribed by the Council of Architecture and D Y Patil University, Ambi, Pune.
A. If letter grades are assigned at SSC, HSC, Diploma, Bachelor of Science or its equivalent examination, the Candidate must submit the certificate of conversion of letter grades into equivalent marks from the concerned competent authority or Board at the time of submission of Application Form. The eligibility shall be decided on the basis of equivalent marks.
B. If the Candidate reappears for the qualifying examination with all subjects, then the marks obtained in the latest examination shall only be considered.
All Eligible students willing to apply should submit their ‘Academic Credentials’ and all relevant ‘Entrance Test Scores’, on or before the last date mentioned in the Admission Brochure of School of Fine Arts. A merit list will be published on D.Y Patil University, Ambi, Pune website. Selected students will take the admission on or before the last date given in the Admission Brochure of School of Fine Arts.
||Name of Organization/Company
||Folk Fitness Training Services
||Introduce different folk dances and fitness exercises based on folk dances on a weekly basis. These sessions planned to link to ongoing design studios with an objective to enhance cultural understanding & lateral thinking and also inculcate healthy life style.
||Professional Consortium. Click here for more info...
Scope Of Fine Arts Studies in Coming Years
With the day to day the psychological scenario of today’s fast paced world, advancement of technology and thriving expansion of the creative field across the world, the demands for proficient and skilful artists kept increasing at a rapid rate. The scope of Fine art studies is quite extensive as there are numerous branches within this domain like Fashion designing, Interior designing, Web-designing, Graphic designing, Product designing, Textile designing, and a lot more. All of this collectively gave rise to a vast work opportunity in any private or public sector after acquiring graduation or a post-graduation degree in Fine Arts from the reputed university. The graduates may also be able to Career and work opportunities abroad and even participate in exhibitions, auctions of creative work across the world. Other than this, students can choose to be an all-rounder Fine Artist who is responsible for creating graphics for ads, media and publishing houses, and other enterprises. Graduates can also choose to be a teacher or a professor in various reputed colleges and institutes.
Tech-savvy aspirants, who have a great artistic sense as well as have a tech-savvy approach, can opt for this career option because learning Fine Arts is not just about following theory and practical classes. Building a career in this field requires a lot of precision, hard work, and attention to detail which is not an issue unless the students make the right choices. However, while opting for Fine Arts as a career, it is incredibly crucial for the students to pick up the best design college in Pune like DYPU that can help to provide the best guidance to their students.
Career in Fine Arts and work opportunities
The fine arts industry is quite a unique one, as all the its blend all the facets of humanity and creativity with technology to create a work that plays a vital role in boosting up the total making of the society. Nevertheless, fine art-related works can be quite competitive yet demanding. So, pursuing Fine Arts as a career can be a great option for the aspirants who are truly passionate about art. Being an artist is such a creative hub that mostly includes everything, we are aware of like clothes, websites, apps, cars, hotels, rooms, and so many other things making it one of the most challenging domains of the industry. Still, it is a rapidly evolving field that can be financially satisfactory too.
The following are some of the highest-paid and the most prevalent design jobs that a student can opt for after acquiring a design course.Illustrator
Art Gallery owner
The faculty team of the DYPU School of Fine Arts possesses several years of experience and academic excellence that makes them ideal for guiding the students towards a better future. Each of these faculty members represents world-class institutions and influential proficiency in their field of specialty. They are dedicated to rendering the best learning process through discussions, sharing experiences, and inspiring the students to enhance their creativity. The complete curriculum is planned in such a way that it can help the students to face practical and professional circumstances in the future; also stand firmly and confidently in the market. If you are looking for the best faculty for Fine arts courses in Pune, then you are at the right place – D Y Patil University, Ambi, Pune.
Why is DY Patil University Considered as The Best University in Pune, Ambi?
DYPU was established in the year 1983, guided by a strong vision and goal - meet both the local and global requirements of Architecture by providing “The State of Art, Architectural Education” to young aspirant architects. D Y Patil University is approved by the Council of Architecture, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Govt. of Maharashtra. We at D Y Patil University in Pune, Ambi have worked hard to provide world-class infrastructure facilities, to promote spaces that encourage Architectural education, and intensive industry facilities for our students. We at DYPU have a conviction that builds future architects with the required skills, abilities and expertise in aesthetic, environment, technological and social responsibility to participate in the development of a sustainable future.