DURATION: 4 YEARS
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is a four-year graduate Programme spread over eight semesters. The Programme is affiliated to Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi and designed as per the norms of PCI. It helps to train the students to play an important role in community pharmacy and assist the Pharma industry at various levels.
B. Pharm graduate programme is designed considering the needs of industry which gives more emphasis on development of knowledge and skill.
- To provide technical expertise along with the ability to demonstrate core competence for analysing and problem solving in multiple pharmaceutical aspects.
- To make awareness about the rapidly changing pharma industry profession along with the emerging areas of science and technology.
- To inculcate the attitude, ability to observe, research and experiment to discover the solutions
- To train and develop students as techno managers, self-motivation, working teamwork, leadership and proactive to be successful in profession and organization.
- To cultivate an inclination for higher learning, entrepreneurial abilities and research.
- Impart industrial and clinical training to students to acquire skills required as per trends in the industry.
B Pharma programme is designed for students to have in depth knowledge of human body, diseases, drug molecules (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) along with excipients, natural drug resources, chemistry involved in API including synthesis of commonly used drugs, effect of drug on human body, toxicity and impurity profile, ADME studies of drugs (behaviour of drug in human body), dosage form studies including novel approaches, designing and development of formulation and pilot plant scale-up studies, stability studies, analysis. Programme also teaches drug distribution system, patient counselling, industrial laws and regulatory agencies playing role in pharma industries at national and international level.
- Industry, Hospitals and Laboratory Visits
- Winter, Summer and Industry Internship
- Guest Lectures, Seminars and Conferences by various national and international professional bodies viz. IPA, IPGA, APTI, FIP etc.
- Case studies based on community and industrial pharmacy.
- Special course on Ethical behaviour
- Social awareness programs in Tuberculosis, Obesity, HIV – AIDS, Diabetes etc.
- Active Learning pedagogy involves Problem Based Learning (PBL) and Project Based Learning approach for effective learning.
- Emphasis on the social context in pharmaceutical education
- Study visits to Industry, Exhibitions, Research Laboratories and Research Organizations.
- National Immersion Programme*
- The certification programmes shall be organized at various schools/ departments as per the branches or programmes, required for Technical and Professional Managerial skills with leading and reputed Industry, Professionals and Certifying organizations.
- Students can also pursue courses on online platforms such as a Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs*, Coursera*, National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL*) etc.
Total Credits: 209/211$/212#
$Applicable ONLY for the students studied Physics / Chemistry / Botany / Zoology at HSC and appearing for Remedial Mathematics course.
#Applicable ONLY for the students studied Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry at HSC and appearing for Remedial Biology course.
Intake: 60 Students
- Passed HSC (10+2) or its equivalent examination with English as one of the subject & Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology as optional subjects individually. However, the students possessing 10+2 qualification from non-formal and non-class rooms based schooling shall not be eligible for admission to B. Pharm Course.
- Any other Qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent any of the above examination.
- Candidate should have appeared in all the subjects and should obtain non zero score in MHT-CET or NEET conducted by the Competent Authority. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non zero positive score in NEET over the candidates who obtained non zero score in MHT-CET.
B. Pharm lateral entry (to third semester): (i) The Candidate should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed Diploma Course in Pharmacy with at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) from an All India Council for Technical Education or Pharmacy Council of India or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent.
All Eligible students willing to apply should submit their academic credentials in online application form with CET or NEET score Based on above, a merit list will be prepared.(for details please refer admission handbook)
Further Educational Paths
- Post graduation (M. Pharm) in Pharmaceutics, Quality Assurance, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy,NDDS,Industrial Pharmacy, Forensic Pharmacy etc.
- Courses in Patent laws
- Management courses like DRA, OGDM, MBA
- Clinical research courses
- M.Sc. in drug chemistry.
- Abroad studies(MS)
- Actual practice – as community, hospital, clinical Pharmacists
- Industry - production, Quality assurance, research and development, quality control etc. industrial divisions required qualified pharmacist, drug discovery.
- In Sales and marketing
- In Bulk drugs manufacturing and formulation developmental studies.
- Clinical research
- Academics as teacher as well as researcher
- Government jobs( FDA inspectors)