Padmabhushan Vasant Dada Patil College of Agriculture
Since 1983, D Y Patil Group of Institutions is leading group known amongst the top education institutions in India. The ' D Y Patil University, Pune was established by with recognitions of Government of Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2019 and recognized by UGC, New Delhi, India. D Y Patil Group of Institutions is founded to provide quality education and contribute towards the social responsibility. The foundation was laid by Dr D Y Patil in the year 1983 by starting the first engineering college in Navi Mumbai. Group began to grow exponentially in all the fields of education namely, Agriculture, Medical, Science, Engineering, Management, Design and many more. Under the leadership of father founder Padma Shri Dr D Y Patil group has more 12 campuses across India those includes 5 Universities and more than 150 Institutes which are engaged in delivering education from KG to PG..
Quality education to common is the key for rural prosperity in particular and nation in general. With this great vision Padmashree Hon. Dr. D. Y. Patil (Dada), Founder President has established P.V.D.P. College of Agriculture in the year 2006 at Ambi, Pune. This college is committed to lead Agriculture and allied sectors with modern techniques. The college has marked the remarkable progress under the valuable guidance of Hon. Dr. Vijay D. Patil, President, Dr. D. Y. Patil Educational Academy, Mumbai since last 14 Years.
P.V.D.P. College of Agriculture is approved by Govt. of Maharashtra and Affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri. It offers Four-Years / Eight-Semesters (12+Level) Degree Programme in Agriculture. The students of this college have shown consistent performance in the academics, sports and co-curricular activities at the University, State and National level with high standards and some of the students achieved the prominent posts through various competitive examinations.
To be the premier school of agriculture by providing education with scientific approach and research, with practical application for the development of agriculture and agro-industry.
- To ensure and impart Agricultural Information and Communication Technology as a part of programme delivery.
- To train the students for increased participation in the areas of production and rural development.
- The fundamental mission of the PVDP College of Agriculture is to meet the needs of its students by providing experiential based learning in the field of agriculture.
- To take the effort in developing the students in the areas of leadership and personality development to become a successful agricultural professional.
- To offer high quality educational programs that prepare qualified graduates capable of working in different fields of agriculture, conducting applied scientific research that can solve the society's problems, and developing natural and human resources within the local environment throughout the adoption of continuous improvement, and developing positive attitudes.
UG Programme : B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
Duration : 04 Years (08 Semesters)
Full Time/Part-Time: Full time
Approved by Govt. of Maharashtra (MCAER, Pune) and Affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri.
Meet The Academic Leader
Prof. B. V. Khobragade
Professor B. V. Khobragade, obtained B. Tech. (Agril. Engg.) and M. Tech. (Agril. Process Engg.) degree from Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola, India and qualified NET (ICAR), New Dehli. He has 15 years of Teaching & 1 Year Industry experience in the ﬁeld of Agricultural Engineering. He has wide experience in Agriculture Administration skills with an efficient Management protocols. He has published his research work extensively in international/ national journals and attended the various conferences, workshops & seminars. He is bound for constant review of the system to update and improve the students by gaining knowledge & interpersonal communication skills to compete at national as well as international platform.